Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finstads visit CO


Gearing up to take my parents along the river trail in Clear Creek Canyon near Golden, CO to watch us sport climb outside.  



Brent leading the longest climb in the Canal Zone crag, 125 feet, called 'Made in the Shade'.


We really enjoyed the climbing in CCC, can't wait to come back to this area where there's a plethora of routes just off the road and a short a hike away.


Photo of me near the top of Mount Evans, which is located along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains.  The long and meandering drive takes you about a 1/4 mile from the top at over 14' elevation making it the highest paved road in North America.  My dad graciously drove us through this park, after taking Betty through the Rocky Mountain National Park, I'm sure she was glad to sit this one out.


Brent looking out towards Denver from the observation platform near the summit. 


After a chilly hike in flip-flops of course, we made it to the summit of Mount Evans - 14,265 ft.


Looking out towards downtown Denver from Coors Field.  After a warm hike through the Red Rocks Ampitheater in the morning, we spent the day cooling off by the pool and walking through the 16th Street Mall area in Lower Downtown before catching the baseball game.


Brent and me at Coors Field with my parents watching the Rockies play the Sox.  Turned out to be a beautiful night in Denver to catch a game. 

Deer! Elk! Caribou! Antlers! - all proclamations I made from the car before I finally got everyone to look at the big beautiful creature moseying along the side of the highway in RMNP.

In order to escape the 100 degree days to come in Denver we headed back up north to Estes Park with my parents to check out RMNP.  Ironically, we got rained out in the afternoon in the city and got caught in a nice sleet storm at the top of the park.  All in all it was a great week showing my parents around CO, but we're off for UT and OR now!

No comments:

Post a Comment